Rideau Valley Conservation Foundation Highlights
We are a local, accountable, registered environmental charity dedicated to supporting on-the-ground conservation projects right here in the valley of our own Rideau River. For the comfort and confidence of our many donors, the Conservation Foundation is a proud and practicing member of Imagine Canada and the Ontario and Canada Land Trust Alliances. These respected philanthropic groups provide training, guidance and certification in fair accounting, fundraising and land acquisition practices.
It is a pleasure to acknowledge and thank the many hundreds of generous and community-minded people who made a gift to conservation in 2013. We sincerely appreciate your continuing confidence in our conservation programs.
Love this old valley like we do?
We would be pleased to talk to you about a gift to conservation whether of property, funds or in-kind services … please call or write for confidential advice and opportunities. We can match your gift objectives with some very meaningful and long lasting conservation projects that all will enjoy… email us at email@example.com.
- We continue to enjoy the confidence of several land development companies who use the Foundation’s Species at Risk Compensation Program services to compensate for the unavoidable loss of Butternut or Bobolink during their business activities
- We are fortunate to have the continuing support of over 25 local businesses all of whom are recognized on our famous Partners in Conservation wall in our Manotick office
- Rain barrels were big business in 2013 with successful sales in Manotick, Smiths Falls and Westport; thanks to the Town of Smiths Falls and the Westport In Bloom Committee for being our local conservation partners at those sales
- We were proud to join our planting and funding partners to help put over 225,000 young new trees in the ground throughout the valley last year
- Foundation endowment funds continue to grow providing some very welcome revenue streams for land and water conservation work throughout the valley
- We are proud to report that Foundation Chair, Ottawa businessman and philanthropist Jason Kelly was appointed to Imagine Canada‘s Advisory Council, the national charitable organization which supports and strengthens charities across Canada
- We were delighted to work with Abbott Point of Care and the National Capital Commission to improve and naturalize a long section of Stillwater Creek in western Ottawa and look forward to other cost-effective conservation work in and around Ottawa’s Greenbelt
- We are pleased to welcome Nav Canada and Capital Junk Inc. as these two important corporate citizens made parts of their local operations “carbon neutral” in 2013 through tree planting
- The Foundation Board of Directors would like to thank the staff and Board of the Conservation Authority for all of their generous support and encouragement in 2013; we are honoured to recognize the RVCA as our biggest supporter and our major conservation partner
- And thanks to the generosity of the people of the Rideau Valley, the Foundation again surpassed our fundraising goal in 2013!